Our mission is to advance non-surgical fertility control so as to effectively and humanely reduce the number of unwanted cats and dogs.
We envision a world where the wide use of non-surgical sterilants betters the lives of dogs and cats.
Leadership and Advocacy: We are a leader in advocating for research and implementation of non-surgical sterilization.
Sound Science: We base this work in sound science.
Partnership: We leverage partnerships and networks for the good of the cause.
Integrity: We act with integrity in all processes and relationships.
ACC&D's priorities for non-surgical products for pet population control:
- Approved by regulatory agencies as safe (for animals and for the humans
administering) and effective.
- Permanent, though there may be some opportunity for long-term (3+ years) products.
- Deliverable in a single injection or treatment.
- Products available for effective use in both male and female, dogs and cats.
- Documented effects on behavior and health.
- Can be provided at affordable rates for use in indigent or low-income client populations.