Our mission is to advance non-surgical sterilants and contraceptives for cats and dogs and to promote their global accessibility.
We envision a world in which dog and cat populations are effectively and humanely managed, improving the lives of dogs and cats and the people who care about them.
We advocate for research on and implementation of non-surgical options.
We base our work and communications in sound science.
We convene stakeholders and create networks for the good of the cause.
We act with integrity and transparency in all processes and relationships.
Innovation in animal welfare:
We are a catalyst for innovation that saves animals' lives.
ACC&D's priorities for non-surgical products for pet population control:
- Approved by regulatory agencies as safe (for animals and for the humans
administering) and effective.
- Permanent, though there may be some opportunity for long-term (3+ years) products.
- Deliverable in a single injection or treatment.
- Products available for effective use in both male and female, dogs and cats.
- Documented effects on behavior and health.
- Affordable and practical to administer so as to improve access to veterinary care in underserved communities.