Our mission is to advance non-surgical sterilants and contraceptives for cats and dogs and to promote their global accessibility.
We envision a world in which dog and cat populations are effectively and humanely managed, improving the lives of dogs and cats and the people who care about them.
Leadership: We advocate for research on and implementation of non-surgical options.
Sound Science: We base our work and communications in sound science.
Partnership: We convene stakeholders and create networks for the good of the cause.
Integrity: We act with integrity and transparency in all processes and relationships.
Innovation in animal welfare: We are a catalyst for innovation that saves animals' lives.
ACC&D's priorities for non-surgical products for pet population control:
- Approved by regulatory agencies as safe (for animals and for the humans
administering) and effective.
- Permanent, though there may be some opportunity for long-term (3+ years) products.
- Deliverable in a single injection or treatment.
- Products available for effective use in both male and female, dogs and cats.
- Documented effects on behavior and health.
- Can be provided at affordable rates for use in indigent or low-income client populations.